domingo, 10 de dezembro de 2017

"UM POUQUINHO DE VERDE PARA O NATAL” - Episódio 7 - 2ª temporada - SABORES DO JAPÃO - as mini-séries originais da BIOVEGANPORTUGAL ® 2017
SEASON 2: IT'S (UN)OFFICIALLY CHRISTMAS TIME...
  
 BIOVEGAN PORTUGAL ® A LITTLE BIT OF GREEN FOR MY CHRISTMAS
  
A TASTE OF JAPAN: THE ORIGINAL MINI-SERIES.

EPISODE 07 - "A LITTLE BIT OF GREEN FOR MY CHRISTMAS"

Last year we´ve seen the most common Christmas traditions in Japan, and this year we make a small overview of the same festivities in South Korea, as they seem to be slightly different. First of all there is no official Strawberry Cake, even that Japan be only 200km away from Budan in the South. One of the popular Christmas foods is also the Christmas Cake, but it's often just a sponge cake covered in cream brought from a local bakery.

Unlike Japan, the 25th Dec. or Christmas Day is officially a public holiday, and there is also a similar and official winter break in the New Year's period, that normally seems to be a very special occasion in many Asian countries and Asian religious traditions. In 2017 the overall population of South Korea was calculated in about 51 million persons, where Christians make about 25-30% of this population (12,5 million.) The other 70% are either Buddhist (about 25%) or don't have referred a specific religion. 

Churches are decorated with lights and many have a bright red neon cross on top (all the year) so that goes very well with the Christmas lights. Most churches have a service on Christmas day, and going to Church for Christmas is becoming more popular, even among non Christians. Some people (especially Christians and westerns who live in South Korea) have decorations at home including a Christmas tree, and presents and gifts are normally exchanged. A popular present is money. Santa Claus can also be seen around Korea and he might be wearing red or blue. He's also known as Santa Kullosu or Santa Grandfather.  

In North Korea, and for the ones living there, Christmas can be very different, because even despite the fact that being a Christian be 'officially' allowed anyone can go to prison, or even be killed just for the fact of being a Christian or even having a Bible. Christians in North Korea have to meet in secret and any celebrations of Christmas will also be held in secret.

If we really think about these things, the more we appreciate and enjoy these days with our families.  

Best wishes of a Merry Christmas, un Joyeux Noël, ou de um Feliz Natal para todos,

BIOVEGAN PORTUGAL ® 2017
The original BIOVEGAN ® Trademarks.